New owner - 2010 nt700v

Going through cancer tests right now. How did they find your mass? May the Gods smile upon you!
View attachment 22312
I was having serious problems catching my breath. I was preaching one Sunday and about collapsed. My doc told me go to the ER. They discovered I was anemic and the CAT scan showed a large tumor in my descending colon. All were convinced the tumor was cancerous. Full contrast CAT scan showed it was growing. They scheduled me for surgery. The tumor was 5 inches diameter, 8 inches long. They removed 12 inches of my colon, some muscle and 6 inches of my small intestine that were being pushed against by the tumor. Pathology report after surgery showed no cancer in connecting tissue or lymph nodes. The size of the tumor and the difficulty in detecting cancer in the vascular system that supports the lymph nodes put me at Cat 2C - chemo is "insurance" against the possibility of cancer in that system. I may not stick with the whole schedule.

There is only one God - all others are blind and mute, creations of men.

I stopped for gas this morning, after a ride to a prayer meeting. I've put a little more than 500 miles on this bike since I bought it, filled it up twice. Averaging 54 mpg. Nice.

I stopped for gas this morning, after a ride to a prayer meeting. I've put a little more than 500 miles on this bike since I bought it, filled it up twice. Averaging 54 mpg. Nice.
It will keep growing on you.

Mike

I 've put a little more than 500 miles on this bike since I bought it, filled it up twice. Averaging 54 mpg. Nice.

Been keeping it <60mph mainly on back roads?

Just don't expect anything near those MPG figures if you decide to spool up that engine on the Interstates. 40 mpg is normal. Throw some desert headwinds into the mix and mpg's can drop to mid 30's. Do the calculation yourself at the pump for the real mpg average.

That's still better than my current ride, VTX, which doesn't do any better than my car. Both share the same size 1.8L engine displacement so not surprising.

Last edited:
Been keeping it <60mph mainly on back roads?

Just don't expect anything near those MPG figures if you decide to spool up that engine on the Interstates. 40 mpg is normal. Throw some desert headwinds into the mix and mpg's can drop to mid 30's. Do the calculation yourself at the pump for the real mpg average.

That's still better than my current ride, VTX, which doesn't do any better than my car. Both share the same size 1.8L engine displacement so not surprising.
I stay off slabs as much as possible. On a 230 mile round trip Friday, it was windy, moderate hill country, and speed limits between 55 and 70 mph. I keep track of miles and gallons for each of my vehicles on Excel and calculate actuals, I do not rely on built-in calculators on the vehicles.

Plenty of Phone Apps that will do that. I use ROAD TRIP on an iphone. It does all vehicles and includes other expenses and maint. You can also download the data in a number of ways (CSV file included). On trips, I mark the mileage on gas receipts and at night enter the info. It has come in handy going back to a specific trip to see where we stopped for fuel (date, time, location, odometer, etc).

Plenty of Phone Apps that will do that. I use ROAD TRIP on an iphone. It does all vehicles and includes other expenses and maint. You can also download the data in a number of ways (CSV file included). On trips, I mark the mileage on gas receipts and at night enter the info. It has come in handy going back to a specific trip to see where we stopped for fuel (date, time, location, odometer, etc).
Too much like work keeping a log on milage. With that said I still do it on my FJR because back when I bought it 10 years ago I started a logbook. And also on my Chevy Colorado. Don't ask me why. The rest of the the bikes and vehicles, forget it. Got teased too much by holding up my riding buddies when we were out and about. It is what it is and life is too short to worry about it. :biggrin:

"... holding up riding buddies ..."
Yep, that is why I just write the odometer reading on the receipt and put it in my stitch pocket. The data is entered later at motel or camp. It also tracks batteries, oil, tires, maint, etc.
YMMV

"... holding up riding buddies ..."
Yep, that is why I just write the odometer reading on the receipt and put it in my stitch pocket. The data is entered later at motel or camp. It also tracks batteries, oil, tires, maint, etc.
YMMV
I can understand Frosty keeping a Moto Log. He is used to his keeping Flight Logs during his flying days. Once in the habit, it is hard to break. I keep track of all that too, Frosty, but I do it the old fashion way.:rofl1:

Attachments

• SAM_8456.JPG
    SAM_8456.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 13
  • SAM_8457.JPG
    SAM_8457.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 9
Chuck has great work habits and techniques from his working life.
My motorcycle wrenching rules are simple:
1. Only work on a bike at a time.
2. When job complete, how many parts are left over (See #1).
3. If it does not run, see #1 and this is why you need more than 1 bike.
:rofl1:

Rode the bike to my oncologist appointment today - back roads that are mostly fun; avoid the interstate traffic. When I got home, I noted that I have ridden this bike 689 miles since I bought it one month ago. Really like this bike!

Stopped for gas today, 709 miles into this bike. 54 mpg on that tank, 54.3 mpg average on 3 tanks of gas. Amazing.

I do not like much of the tech that has taken over bikes and cars - and added much complexity and cost to them. But ..... Honda's combined braking on this bike has grown on me. Pushing the rear brake pedal engages one of the front disks and provides an excellent braking experience for routine situations.

I'm still old school. Both brakes, leading with the rear.
I didn't realize the brakes are linked until I noticed the front diving an instant before applying the front brake.
Dragging a little rear through low speed maneuvers doesn't seem to activate the front, so I think Honda balanced it pretty well.

I'm still old school. Both brakes, leading with the rear.
I didn't realize the brakes are linked until I noticed the front diving an instant before applying the front brake.
Dragging a little rear through low speed maneuvers doesn't seem to activate the front, so I think Honda balanced it pretty well.
When I first read of this combined brake system, I was no in favor of it. I want to be in control of my bike. But I agree - Honda did a good job with it.

Back
Top Bottom