New owner - 2010 nt700v

The left side had busted latches when I got the bike. Previous owner had but locking hasps on it. The right side is stock and I've seen exactly what you're talking about.
I actually had mine jam once on a tour and I was able to free them up.
When I got home, I marked a place that in an emergency I could drill a hole and work the latch manually.

I actually had mine jam once on a tour and I was able to free them up.
When I got home, I marked a place that in an emergency I could drill a hole and work the latch manually.
I may end up putting matching latches on the right saddlebag and remove the stock latches.

I may end up putting matching latches on the right saddlebag and remove the stock latches.
The Kawasaki Concours had the best latches in the world. and Expensive. But I ended up selling the bike. You popped the latch and the lid open a few inches. Then you pushed on the lid and the latch sprang up and you lowered the did.

Don't just "hold" the center stand down with your foot. Use ALL of your body weight on the stand at once, left foot off the ground, right foot on the lever. It will pop up. The center stand is actually designed as a lever with the foot pads being the fulcrum.

Mike

At 140 lbs I had no problem getting my NT on the center stand. On the other hand getting it off was more of a problem. With my short inseam I was on my tip toes when straddling it and did not have much pushing power to get it off the stand. It would usually take a little rocking to get the momentum to get it off especially if parked with the front uphill.

With a lowering kit on the NT, it was an exercise to put it on the center stand, Had to do all of the above plus lift (pull on pax hand grip) with right arm in the direction of rotation (up and left).

On a camping trip with my wife. When we get back, I shall try putting this bike up on its center stand. Thanks to all!

With a lowering kit on the NT, it was an exercise to put it on the center stand, Had to do all of the above plus lift (pull on pax hand grip) with right arm in the direction of rotation (up and left).
Amen, if your bike was lowered, all bets are off! My V-Strom was lowered by 3/4" shorter links and I cannot get it on the center stand by myself.

Mike

At 140 lbs I had no problem getting my NT on the center stand. On the other hand getting it off was more of a problem. With my short inseam I was on my tip toes when straddling it and did not have much pushing power to get it off the stand. It would usually take a little rocking to get the momentum to get it off especially if parked with the front uphill.
Getting it up took a bit of concentration but yes, getting it off could be frustrating. The stand would actually skid. I forgot the technique I used to get it off but it worked.

Amen, if your bike was lowered, all bets are off! My V-Strom was lowered by 3/4" shorter links and I cannot get it on the center stand by myself.

Mike
Amen. Use a beveled board under the rear tire. I always wondered why no manufacturer would allow an adjustable center stand. The Connie needed it bad.

On a camping trip with my wife. When we get back, I shall try putting this bike up on its center stand. Thanks to all!
Have someone spot you. Give hints. Step close to the bike. Lower stand and make sure both pads are on the ground. To help you learn, roll the rear tire back on a 1/4 inch thick something that the pads won't hit.

But I’m told he’s an everloving God so why do I need to fear him?
Saints don't fear God the way unregenerate folk do. They should be terrified, but the saints recognize how far above us, unlike us He is and we fear Him because of His might. No need of being fearful of judgment or wrath. Search the Bible for "fear" and see how often we who are His are told to fear Him.

I think in biblical times the admonition to "fear" God was more akin to "respecting" God. Or, in other words to be "in awe" of his fearsome power.

Mike

I'm on chemo treatment plan, post surgery for a large cancerous tumor in my colon. No cancer detected in my body after surgery, but the vascular system feeding the lymph nodes is very difficult to diagnose. So chemo.

That treatment knocked down my white blood count. Today I went to their office for the first of two shots to boost the working of the marrow in my bones. The oncologist's office is 35 miles from home. I planned out a route for my motorcycle that keeps me out of bad city traffic. Tested is in the car today.

Tomorrow, plan is to ride the Honda to the city and back.

Going through cancer tests right now. How did they find your mass? May the Gods smile upon you!
1727942523325.png

Back
Top Bottom