Old Forum Member?

I don't recall him being on this forum, but that doesn't indicate much of anything. According to his write-up in Aerostich he did spend some time in Germany. Sure could have been the same person. Couldn't find him on a "member search". I was considering trying to contact him because he only lives about 2-1/2 hours away. And he's only 4 years older than me. And I didn't know that Messerschmitt made cars. Hard to believe that he rode all those small displacement motorcycles on freeways and never had engine trouble. Those little tiddlers had to be wrung out at high speeds.

HIs advice about "don't ride anything that you can't pick up by yourself" got me to thinking. I'm not sure I could pick up my new bike, but I am sure that I don't want to find out either way. It might come down to the situation. If it is on a side hill and tipped to the downhill side I probably couldn't pick up any motorcycle by myself. If it was tipped to the uphill side then ?????????? It might also depend on how much gas was in the tank, how the footing was, and whether I had sufficient determination.
 
I would and have, forget valve adjustment, do visual and feel check if items shown in service manual and of course do oil and filter (WalMart 10-40W and their 6607 Filter works), at least check rear end oil level and ride. Cold Tire pressure. Tight valve you can tell by way it runs, loose you can hear. No thanks.
This is what I did. I eventually got around to checking values when I had the time to use the excellent pictures and advice from this forum. Saves a lot of money. I enjoy it.

Herb



I found this post above from 2011 when I did a search for John Grinsel. Could be same guy.

Arknt
 
I don't recall him being on this forum, but that doesn't indicate much of anything. According to his write-up in Aerostich he did spend some time in Germany. Sure could have been the same person. Couldn't find him on a "member search". I was considering trying to contact him because he only lives about 2-1/2 hours away. And he's only 4 years older than me. And I didn't know that Messerschmitt made cars. Hard to believe that he rode all those small displacement motorcycles on freeways and never had engine trouble. Those little tiddlers had to be wrung out at high speeds.

HIs advice about "don't ride anything that you can't pick up by yourself" got me to thinking. I'm not sure I could pick up my new bike, but I am sure that I don't want to find out either way. It might come down to the situation. If it is on a side hill and tipped to the downhill side I probably couldn't pick up any motorcycle by myself. If it was tipped to the uphill side then ?????????? It might also depend on how much gas was in the tank, how the footing was, and whether I had sufficient determination.

Messerschmitt ‘Kabinenrolle. Saw a lot of them in the early 60 growing up in Germany.


1790719266848.png
 
Back
Top Bottom