Top tier has modified its cleaners to HELP with the direct injection problem. I am sure many of you kids out there dont remember 1996 when the Feral Govt lowered the amount of cleaners required in fuel and suddenly companies like ford to Honda were having clogged injectors and crudded up valves ...new cars with 5,000 miles on them. The companies pooled their engineering departments and came up with the answer and a fix. Top Tier was formed. It is an interesting story that was on the TT website but was softened over the years. Lawyers. Car and driver did a softened article about it in 2005.
www.caranddriver.com
The basic solution was to come up with quality cleaners and double the amount of ckeaners in TT fuels over garbage fuels and double them again from TT regular to TT Premium.
This is another simplistuc vid but worth watching. (wish I would have taken screen shots of the original TT web site pages...they were brutal but interesting on how the mystery was solved. I know some of you remember when the feral govt mandated ethanol and methanol and all the screwed up engines)
If nothing else, look at these two recent tests
Your Car is a Temple, so Put in the Good Stuff.
Read Larry Webster's column at Car and Driver.
This is another simplistuc vid but worth watching. (wish I would have taken screen shots of the original TT web site pages...they were brutal but interesting on how the mystery was solved. I know some of you remember when the feral govt mandated ethanol and methanol and all the screwed up engines)
If nothing else, look at these two recent tests