My last new bike. I hope …..

Joined
Apr 25, 2013
Messages
288
Location
Western New Mexico (Ramah)
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
You guys are a bad influence my wife says.

Jungle Jim buys a BMW for gosh sakes.
ChucKLRST gets a fresh new NT1100.
Coyote Chris looking at Triumph’s and selling his FJR. Heresy.

I truly thought a new MotoGuzzi V85TT would be a perfect last bike. Simple air cooling. Shaft drive. Cruise. Ready to tour. UNTIL I rode one and discovered it was a cleverly disguised bbq grill. My feet and legs were COOKING after only a 15 min ride on a nice fall day. Forget it.

I looked at used BMW’s. 10 year old R1200GS. Affordable. BUT. Man, are they HUGE. I would never be able to pick it up.

I checked out Triumph Tiger Sport 800 tour. Too pricey. Looked at the new NT1100 and it was mighty tempting but still felt VERY big.

The TransAlp with new E-clutch was just not comfy for a long ride. Too much like a big enduro.

So, after all was considered, I bought the “Old Man’s Bike.” I am indeed OLD enough.
Nope, not a Gold Wing.
A new, updated NC750X DCT.

It is comfy. Nice low seat. Very low center of gravity. Exceptional fuel economy. SMOOTH. Easy handling. Stable highway manners. Only 3100 rpm at 60 mph. And, of course since I’m cheap, a very low price. Plus a 4 year warranty since I don’t know didlysquat about DCT.

I love the ‘frunk’ storage box. No more tank bag. Liking the parking brake. Trying to remember not to grab the clutch. LOL

So far, after a week, I’ve only racked up about 300 miles. First tank was 73.5 mpg with city, highway, and some mountain riding. Great!

Looking forward to next summer in Spearfish where all the new and old bikes will migrate. By then I plan to have panniers, cruise control, touring windshield, etc.

See you there. Rich
IMG_7527.jpeg
 
Back
Top Bottom