I've got bugs in my teeth!!!!!

Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
118
Location
Sanford, FL, USA
Yep, for the first time in six years a Honda CB500X followed me home yesterday. It's a 2015 with 13K miles on it. You talk about a happy camper! It took six years for my family to finally allow me to get another bike. Part of my selling point was that I was going to wear an air-bag vest. YouTube has some pretty convincing videos and it was enough for them to give me the thumbs up. Until I get an air vest I'm using both a riding jacket with built in armor plus an Icon armor vest underneath. So with Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up i would appreciate it if any of you see any sales to let me know. I'm looking at both the Helite Turtle vest 2.0 or the Helite Mesh Jacket. It's amazing how something that is just a normal part of life is suddenly yanked away from you and you go through six looooong years of drought to suddenly to be enjoying the incredible freedom and exhilaration that a cycle brings is a privilege that I'm not taking for granted. And thanks for the encouragement you all have been to me these last six years.

Wendell
 
Wendell, after your accident I bought a Helite vest. I would not think of riding without it. Glad to see you are getting back on a motorcycle. If I see any sales I will let you know.
 
Congratulations, Wendell! It's gotta' feel good to be getting back on to two wheels!
 
Welcome back to the riding world.

In 33 years I never left, even after getting married, and having 2 children. One of them graduated from college recently and the second is in his second year. Been full-time commuting since 2007 in Los Angeles traffic dealing with the crazies the whole time.

Many happy journies are awaiting you.
 
Wendell,

It's great to hear you're back on a bike. An Air-bag vest is a good idea, I just hope you don't find the vest too hot in your neck of the woods
 
I rode a CB500F at a Honda demo ride a few years ago and I was impressed. It obviously didn't have the wind protection of the NT but everything else worked great, plus it felt nice and light!
 
Great to hear that you are back on 2 wheels Wendell!
 
The 500 Hondas are NICE bikes. I rode Yoda's a couple of years ago at the ralley and I was very impressed.
We are all Wendell. Tomorrow, we make the decision if, or when or where we ride our bikes. Even knowing the dangers, if we pick our rides, I feel while not completely safe,
the danger can be minimul. And the fun maxible. Unlike the bathtub....you GO , Man!
CB500X-1.jpg
 
Thanks one and all for your words of encouragement. I am especially thankful at this Thanksgiving season, not just for being back on 2 wheels but also for health, family and friends like you all. Today I stopped at a dealer and I sat on a NT they had. It definitely has more wind protection but feels a little more top heavy. Of course it has shaft drive which I'm going to miss. But the 500X is a sweet little bike and probably just right for my stage of life. I certainly have no trouble flat footing it and it just seems light and nimble. Now comes the fun part of adding all the farkels and this season of sales couldn't have come at a better time. Unfortunately the Helite Air Vest is not going to be on sale so I ordered one today and it should be arriving on Saturday. I feel a run down to Key West coming up.......

I've always wondered how I was able to break most all my ribs AND my spine at the same time. I can see one or the other but BOTH!!!! This morning it came to me that I probably broke my ribs by slamming down on the gas tank as the bike hit the bottom of a large storm drainage ditch and then I was thrown backwards and my spine hit my top case and shattered. So I'm thinking it was my own cycle that got me both front and back. Would that movement both front and back have been enough to deploy an air bag (a mechanical one with a leash tied to the cycle)? I think I will continue to wear my armor vest underneath as extra protection.
 
Yep, for the first time in six years a Honda CB500X followed me home yesterday. It's a 2015 with 13K miles on it. You talk about a happy camper! It took six years for my family to finally allow me to get another bike. Part of my selling point was that I was going to wear an air-bag vest. YouTube has some pretty convincing videos and it was enough for them to give me the thumbs up. Until I get an air vest I'm using both a riding jacket with built in armor plus an Icon armor vest underneath. So with Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up i would appreciate it if any of you see any sales to let me know. I'm looking at both the Helite Turtle vest 2.0 or the Helite Mesh Jacket. It's amazing how something that is just a normal part of life is suddenly yanked away from you and you go through six looooong years of drought to suddenly to be enjoying the incredible freedom and exhilaration that a cycle brings is a privilege that I'm not taking for granted. And thanks for the encouragement you all have been to me these last six years.

Wendell
That is such great news Wendell ! Glad to see you back on 2 wheels. I bet you are just thrilled. Will look forward to some photos. I just rolled 75K on my NT today and still loving it. Ride on my friend !
 
Duane Buddy, That means a LOT coming from you as you were there on the scene when it all happened. I'm forever grateful for what you and the others did for me that day. It was above the call of duty - I mean riding all the way back to the trauma center in Knoxville just to see if I was still breathing. Hopefully we will ride together again in the future.

Wendell
 
Duane Buddy, That means a LOT coming from you as you were there on the scene when it all happened. I'm forever grateful for what you and the others did for me that day. It was above the call of duty - I mean riding all the way back to the trauma center in Knoxville just to see if I was still breathing. Hopefully we will ride together again in the future.

Wendell
Staying with you till we knew family was there or nearly there was the least we could do my friend. You would have done the same. We definitely need to ride together some time. Will look forward to that opportunity. Next time I head in the southerly direction I'll let you know. Maybe we can meet up and ride. If you get up close to West Virginia give me a shout.
 
Back
Top Bottom