Ford decides to ditch their all-electric plan

$$ responsibility is not one of our strong points lately. I expect something big to happen but I've been thinking that for years, so will wait and see I guess.

Many things in the world seem out of control and quite odd these days. Hard for me to imagine trying to keep a business on track. Seems like you are doomed for failure whatever direction you send it.

Arknt
Many have accused me of being a Cassandra and perhaps I am but I just can't see our fiscal insanity carrying on much longer.....

Mike

Sadly Chris, we as a nation are just as guilty as the kids we disparage. If we had any sense at all, we would scream bloody murder until our politicians make a concerted effort to reduce our national debt. Instead, it is just to easy to listen to their siren song and allow them to spend, spend, spend. One day, perhaps not in my lifetime, the chickens will come home to roost!

Mike
The kids learned from the parents, who suck. I learned from my parents who went through the great depression where you had to work or eat or stand in a soup line. Now we live in an age of free stuff. Free cell phones, free food stamps, free school breakfast and lunches. The saddest thing I see if Parents enabling their kids with free room and board and cell phones.

$$ responsibility is not one of our strong points lately. I expect something big to happen but I've been thinking that for years, so will wait and see I guess.

Many things in the world seem out of control and quite odd these days. Hard for me to imagine trying to keep a business on track. Seems like you are doomed for failure whatever direction you send it.

Arknt
As bad as the rows and columbs in the debt clock are...and they are bad.....we will function for awhile. Till people stop buying our crappy debt. Japan is interesting in that they are really worse off than we are. They of course have the "in the open" homelessness and those people are scorned, but the country is full of part time/temp low paying jobs. The people leave work at the end of the day and get an internet cafe cubilcle for the night. The building has a shower and bathroom and they can stay there for 8 hours. Some have given up and just go home to their parents and sit in a room and die. Litterally.
1725508009527.png

The odd thing is that with a shrinking population, (25 percent) they will give you a home and if you stay 5 years and pay the taxes, its yours. Dont look for these near big cities. Also dont look for houses with 3 car garages, a big pickup and RV and boat.
Examining employment status, the highest average monthly suicide mortality per prefecture is observed among unemployed individuals at 3.21 per 100,000 people, followed by self-employed persons at 2.19, employed persons at 1.21, and students at 0.42.

One thing that keeps the US afloat is people like me who have money who enable their lazy deadbeat kids..... along with the huge welfare system. The problem is, the more the feral govt borrows, the higher the yearly payment on the US securities....AND the higher the interest rate on those securites, so in the near future, the percentage of GDP the debt paymemt becomes. Look at the clock, and it is ticking.
We are 35 trillion in debt
Japan is 13 trillion in debt
Korea is 1 trillion in debt
Check this out. https://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html
The world has gone mad.

Volvo is owned by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group, which is a Chinese company. They around 15 car brands. Not surprising that they would not make EVs with the Volvo name. They have plenty of all EV brands of their own.

I read today in the WSJ that Ford has come up with an incentive plan to help move their stock of electric vehicles. They will pay for a a Level 2 charger and standard installation for all electric vehicles sold during the remainder of 2024. Additionally, they will furnish at no charge a roadside assistance plan for all Ford EV owners for three years. I think this may help them move some of their EV's as the cost of the charger plus installation is a deal breaker for many customers.

Mike

Goodness you all are sounding like a bunch of grumpy unhappy old men. Change is the only constant thing in life, get out, ride/drive whatever you like and enjoy what you have.

Goodness you all are sounding like a bunch of grumpy unhappy old men. Change is the only constant thing in life, get out, ride/drive whatever you like and enjoy what you have.
Anything the government gets involved with is something to avoid. If the market cannot support a product, it should fail.

Back
Top Bottom