[How To] I added a digital voltmeter and thermometer

Bike
2011 NT700VA
The digital voltmeter is one I pulled off my PC800 before I sold it. It's water proof, as well as the thermometer I bought off eBay, Chinese in origin unfortunately. Works well, just prefer to by this kind of stuff from the good 'ol USA.

attachment.php

Wired it with spade quick connects.
attachment.php

Drilled 2 holes in the wall of the right pocket, then installed grommets for the wiring and temperature probe. Spliced into the accessory harness for keyed power.
attachment.php

I tried the probe inside the cowl, but it picked up too much heat and was not accurate.
attachment.php

I ended up installing it in the chin spoiler.
attachment.php

Now I'm getting very accurate reading and it's not really noticable unless you are looking for it.
attachment.php

I hope this helps anybody that is looking to do something similar.

It'd be a good idea to insulate those spade lugs, or better yet, replace them with a proper connector.

I haven't had any luck with my thermometer. It's completely inaccurate no matter where I put the probe.

You might consider some fork gaitors to save yourself from having to replace the fork seals. There's a thread about it somewhere on the forum.

The digital voltmeter is one I pulled off my PC800 before I sold it. It's water proof, as well as the thermometer I bought off eBay, Chinese in origin unfortunately. Works well, just prefer to by this kind of stuff from the good 'ol USA.

I was considering adding both of these items to my NT I just bought.
I was going to add a Kuryakyn LED voltmeter. Had one on my GSXR and was satisfied with it. But I would prefer a digital or analog meter.

Do you have the Brand and model numbers of the voltmeter and thermometers ?

Thanks;

--ET

Back
Top Bottom