Oil Warning Light Showing

Oil level indicator shows OK , however oil warning light has activated. Has anyone here had this problem , if so what is the remedy ?

When the ignition is turned on, all warning lights will briefly come on as a bulb check. When the engine is started, the oil pressure light will go off. The light is an oil pressure indicator, not an oil level indicator. The oil level is determined by the dipstick with the bike parked on the center stand. The engine must be running to develop oil pressure.

Mike

Pleased to report all sorted- obviously a glitch in the system. Hopefully it’s gone for good.
I don't recall anyone reporting a oil pressure light on the NT.

As long as you had the correct amount and type of oil, and the engine sounded fine it might have been the oil pressure switch acting up. It has no control function and only activates the light. It's worth sorting out because if it was a real loss of oil pressure catastrophe is not far behind.

I have a generator that I've run for 15+ years that the oil pressure switch failed on. It prevented the engine starting on that unit, so I bypassed it and continue to use it. Check the oil level, look for leaks, listen to the engine and it's been fine, so the oil pump must be working.

Back
Top Bottom