Maybe it might come

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Maybe Honda will send the X-ADV adventure scooter after all.

Last edited:
With Scooter sales being even slower in the US than motorcycle sales and the fact that these are very low in HP I doubt if they will gain much traction here. The Kawasaki 300 cc adventure bike makes a lot more sense in the US for someone looking for a small bore adventure touring bike. On the other hand if you are into scooters and want something to occasionally take down a dirt road, handle pot holed streets or you just like the look of them then these adventure scooters might be to your liking. The Honda X-ADV 750 (not sold in the US) is a different animal as it is not derived from a scooter but the NC750X and has a chain drive and DCT transmission instead of the CVT.

I can see where this concept might take hold in asia or? but I dont see it big here....
Another issue entirely is like so many businesses in the US, the economy many take a long time to recover from the virus.
I dont wish anything bad on our hobby (OK, religion) but if I had to work for a living and was laid off for 2-3 months from what I thought was a secure job, I would be stashing bucks in the bank when things got better , anticipating the next virus and what it could do to my family, and not buying another vehicle.

31 in seat height, 2 valves, 300 lbs, 2 gallon tank......I cant wait to see how many of these they sell........and to who

I read on another forum that the Honda X-ADV 750 scooter, powered by the NC750X engine/w DCT, surpassed the BMW 1250GS in sales across the pond. I'm not sure if it was all of Europe or maybe just Germany? And of course, all motor vehicles sales were really in the tank - even before covid-19 - so it's hard to say this is a trend.

Last edited:
I read on another forum that the Honda X-ADV 750 scooter, powered by the NC750X engine/w DCT, surpassed the BMW 1250GS in sales across the pond. I'm not sure if it was all of Europe or maybe just Germany? And of course, all motor vehicles sales were really in the tank - even before covid-19 - so it's hard to say this is a trend.

It was in Italy were it beat out sales of the 1250GS. Of course we are only talking about 3,000 total units ea. for both brands.

Some of you may not see either one coming to the US of A.
But it is.

Being that's it's a 2021 model it could always be delayed or put on hold. If the market for scooters was soft before the pandemic hit it will likely be sometime before it recovers. I don't think you will see a lot of new models being released.

Back
Top Bottom