Can a motorcycle lift work?

Manfred

Stuart Brogden
Bike
2010 Honda nt700v
I've used this for years. With my Honda Sabre, I put a 2x12 on top of the arms of the jack so the bike would sit on the right parts. Any way to modify this jack for the nt700v?Clipboard01.jpg

I had the same jack that worked fine for my C10 Concours. I never figured out a way to use it with my NT. Good luck.

Borrowed my buddy's motorcycle jack that looked just like that. Despite wood blocks and spacers, it was the sketchiest and most unbalanced method I've ever used.

Borrowed my buddy's motorcycle jack that looked just like that. Despite wood blocks and spacers, it was the sketchiest and most unbalanced method I've ever used.
Amen. I made a platform using 3/4" scrap plywood cabinet door. Built it up with fixed wood blocks and high density 1/4" foam. I rigged some tiedowns to stabilize side to side, but it was still a pretty unstable setup.

I didn't need a lift when I had my NT. All maintenance can be handled with center stand deployed. With normal weight distribution the rear wheel will be off the ground. Get creative with heavy stuff you having laying around the garage (bags of Quick-crete, top soil whatever ) and securely strap down items to pillion. Will pop front tire off the ground.

Whatever you end up using my suggestion is it needs to be stable. If not damage can be done (to you or the bike).
I have a damaged big toe from when I dropped a Yamaha 650 twin on it (rear wheel removed).
Just keep it in mind.

Arknt

I didn't need a lift when I had my NT. All maintenance can be handled with center stand deployed. With normal weight distribution the rear wheel will be off the ground. Get creative with heavy stuff you having laying around the garage (bags of Quick-crete, top soil whatever ) and securely strap down items to pillion. Will pop front tire off the ground.
That's what I'm thinking. My Sabre didn't have a center stand (rusted off half of it while the PO had is sitting outside in New York). Have to re-orient my thinking. Thanks!

I've been using one very similar from Harbor Freight. I just have to use a 1/2" board to help balance it so it doesn't sit on the exhaust. I do not remove the exhaust when changing rear tire so mine works great. I'll see if I have a picture of it when holding the NT. If not, next rear tire change, which may be before winter sets in, I'll get a picture. Note, I always use tie downs when lifting any of my three bikes.

I've been using one very similar from Harbor Freight. I just have to use a 1/2" board to help balance it so it doesn't sit on the exhaust. I do not remove the exhaust when changing rear tire so mine works great. I'll see if I have a picture of it when holding the NT. If not, next rear tire change, which may be before winter sets in, I'll get a picture. Note, I always use tie downs when lifting any of my three bikes.
Thanks! That would be helpful!

Back
Top Bottom