[Review] Life Gear Auto Glow CL Flashlight

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I freely admit I like gadgets so when I saw this one in Target I couldn't resist. The Life Gear Auto Glow CL is a rechargeable LED flashlight. Just pop off the bottom and plug in it in to a standard cigarette lighter and you can charge 'er up. But beyond being a 3 Lumen LED flashlight it has three other modes, Flashlight and Red Glow Stick, Red Glow Stick only and Red Emergency flasher. The nifty twist off base also has a magnet to "stick" it if you want...

Since the stock NT doesn't have Emergency Flashers here in the USA, nor does my Wee, this is a handy little position marker. While I'm not going to give up my MagLite flashlights anytime soon this little jewel is a nice "second" light that has some really good functionality. The best part? $4.99 + Tax.... :D

Attachments

• life gear flashlight.jpg
    life gear flashlight.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 54
The U.S. Tenere also doesn't have an emergency flasher.. what's up with that? Oh well, I still would have bought it had I known.

I am really at a loss as to why we don't have four way flashers. My friend who rides his Honda as a sweep at our bicycle races retrofitted his Honda. He had an independent motorcycle shop do the work.

It wouldn't take too much to add some leds and a relay and flasher module but yeah, we shouldn't have to go though that.

There is a thread on the Super10 forum where people are ordering a European left switchgear to get that stuff. I don't know if the NT can be modded this way, though.

There is a thread on the Super10 forum where people are ordering a European left switchgear to get that stuff. I don't know if the NT can be modded this way, though.

Yeah but.. that thing is expensive...

I wonder how it's wired on other bikes. If it uses the existing blinker relays/flasher timer and just adds something in between since all the functions are already there or if it is wired separately. I may have to jump into the ST1300 wiring diagram when I get a chance.

Back
Top Bottom